Full Circle

Today (posted 2/13/16, but had complications posting) was a very busy day filled with friends, work, and a whole lot of encouragement.

I had a friend stay over last night; this is a friend I have been walking with in her journey to faith. We began the day talking to the Father and singing "Give Me Faith". I am always encouraged as new friends take steps to go deeper in getting to know the Father. I am also reminded of my own need to press in and allow him to fill me with faith. "Not I, But You, Father". 

I was able to share with this Universalist about the reality that there is only ONE G*d, and no other.  That Je$us alone leads to true healing and hope. While she is still on a journey to accepting this truth, each day it seems to become more and more a reality for her.  As she seeks the Father, He is revealing himself to her.  He is so faithful.  We have been discussing the fact that when we seek Him with all our hearts He will be found. (Jer. 29:13-14) This woman shared with me how our prayers felt like a coat covering her as she left. I love the imagery God gives this woman as she seeks Him more and more. 

After we said goodbye, I went to work at an international school where my friends from Nij*at and I counseled their staff about dealing with life struggles. 

Sometimes, I have to eat my own words! As we talked about casting your cares on The Father, and our inability to carry all our struggles ourselves, I remembered my need to do this too! Every care, every need, every thought cast on Him. It's ironic how our Father uses conversation we intend to encourage others to point us back in our own walk to Him and Him alone. He is faithful!

There is a nice little cafe where a friend works that I visited after work. With a caring smile he shared encouragement and his own story of trusting in the Father. His words were like a coat covering me- a subtle reminder of the perfect love of the Father; His ability to take my every day life and remind me again and again of His love; of faith that can be founded in Him; and how my day to day life and conversations can ALL point me back to the Father.  



I love how everything in our lives and in this world has purpose.  I love the strategy of G*d. I love how He invites me into His work and asks me to serve Him, but then blesses me simultaneously.   I love His character and how He displays it to us throughout our day.  I love how we can look around and see Him in all things.  He truly brings all things full circle.  I love how He loves me.  And there is that word "love".  Over and over again...and so timely. Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and oh HOW HE LOVES ME.  I see it so clearly, and I hope and pray I can help others to see the Father's love too. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see