Choosing Time



The culmination of the first year brought many changes and decisions for the future- where to live, what work would look like, and more. I thought moving to India was hard. I thought adjusting to life here was hard. The decisions and changes I have made in the last month have probably been the hardest decisions of my life.  Sometimes G*d doesn’t always hand feed us the next decisions in life. Sometimes He gives us choices and says, “You choose!”  He gives us free will and choice and says, “Follow me”.  As humans we want all the answers. We want clarity into the future and all the facts. We want to play judge and decide right and wrong, good and bad. We want to play prophet and read into the future. We want our ways, and His too. Sometimes there comes a point where we don’t have all the answers, and we don't get out way, but we simply have a choice to the questions He asks, “Will you trust me?”  I am in a season of feeling like an ant that can’t see over the huge Himalayan mountain range, but choosing to say, “I trust you, Father, lead me on!”  When I moved to India, I told the Father, “I give you my life!”   I am in a place again of saying, I don’t know what it means, or where I will go, but I give you my life.” I know He is worth it all, and I choose to trust in Him.  He knows the future. He is the Author and Perfector of my Faith, and I know that as I choose Him, I can’t go wrong. And so I sing, “It is well with my soul...”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see