Taxi happenstance


(Just a glimpse of this beautiful place I call home)


This week, I had a 4 hour drive round trip to a home that I was visiting for some counseling with young ladies with tragic pasts. I had visited recently, and I had helped to pray with one young lady for deliverance. She had been being tortured for 3 years by evil spirits that would cause her to hurt herself and others. She had been levitating 3 feet off the ground the day before we arrived to pray. Her deliverance wasn't a fast process, it seemed to take a few days and multiple sessions of prayer. There also seemed to be many different spirits inside her. At one point the evil spirt spoke and said, "I won't leave, she wants me to stay!" The girl shared how this evil spirit had become her friend and a trusted companion. I wondered how many people have these "trusted companions" haunting their life. It's all based on lies. Eventually after some deliverance prayer times the young girl seemed to be set free.

I had planned to go back to the home for a follow up visit, and talk with her about some unforgiveness she seemed to be struggling with. I had a plan, and i had been fasting and praying and thought I was ready for an appointment with this girl.

I arrived to the home to find out the girl had left 4 days prior. Needless to say I hadn't been made aware. I decided to share with the other girls at the home about forgiveness and while it was good, and I amSure fruitful, it kind of seemed to be a waste of 4 hours in the car.

I got back in the car with my Hindu taxi driver and headed back home. As always, as all Indians do, he asked me if I had eaten lunch and what I had. I explained I was fasting and hadn't eaten. It started an hour long conversation about God, listening to God, serving God, loving God, and encountering God. The taxi driver asked many questions, and as I shared testimonies and stories and truth, he smiled and spoke of his excitement about these things and the tingling he had in his body. I knew the spirit was at work and he was listening.

As I asked him more questions, he explained how he doesn't believe in God, he just believes in love. I told him I would pray that he would have his own encounter with Jesus in order to know his reality. He was thankful I would ask for this and said, "God will hear your prayers because you fast". I told him God hears all our prayers whether or not we fast and that if we search for God he can be found.

Suddenly my 4 hour taxi ride had purpose and I knew God was at work. Pray with me for the girl recently delivered from demons to trust in God and let him fill every aspect of her spirit and soul and mind. Pray for the other 12 girls in the home to do the same. Pray for Prem, the taxi driver, to also do the same. Pray or encounters with Jesus that would sink his truth and reality into their hearts. Pray they would choose him and Him alone, denying every other god, and spirit, and way of "truth".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see