Hope Exists


(One man's drawing from the Rehab: He said he feels stuck in the jail of the alcohol bottle.)


I watched the eyes of a long term drug addict look for hope today.

I smelled the tainted breath of an alcoholic's first day in recovery.

I listened to the avoidance of a thousand stories told in effort to not have to feel the pain of the raw emotions beneath the surface.

I listened to the repeated cyclical questions of a man that doesn't know what he feels or why he does what he does.

I challenged those who were so insecure and broken that were afraid to draw a simple stick figure on a paper.

I listened as another told of searching the Bib*le, the Qa*ran, and the 12 Steps & 12 Traditions for hope, truth, and healing.

I listened as another man questioned how to hear G0d's voice. He spoke of praying to Bugvan (a Hindu g0d) daily, but never finding true solace.

I interceded as a women wept stuck and unsure of why she is in a constant struggle of co-dependency and over-achieving and striving to please others.

I pleaded with another women who claims to have no faith to pray for her marriage and child and to look to G0d.

The heaviness of those in the rehab could be felt. Apart from JC they will never be whole. Apart from His truth, they will never have lasting freedom and hope and victory.

I shared about reliance on JC and the power in his name. I shared about forgiveness. I shared about the power of words. I shared what I could in the context of the job I work, in the midst of Hind*us and Budd*hists and Mu$*lims and $*ikhs. I shared what I dared. I interceded for the rest.

Join me in praying that those I work with monthly in the drug and alcohol rehab would come to know JC in a personal way. Pray that they would have encounters with truth and be set free. Pray that they come to a place of giving their life and will over to JC alone, the One true G0d that hears and responds. Pray they learn to hear the truth and spit out the bones that are presented through other non-believing counselors, and that they are protected from the enemy's lies.

In JC hope can be found!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see