Things I still hate!

It’s almost 3 years here, and sometimes I find myself realizing that certain things will never become “norm” to me.

I still hate the ugly Hin*du gods and the statues that you see walking down the road.
I still hate the deep low ring of the prayer call for the Mu$lims.
I still hate watching coolies carry heavy loads on their back, that cause them to be bent over under their load. 

I always question how they survive. The loads look so heavy you would think they would die from it.
I still hate finding a baby that is 8 months old when it looks 4 months old and the fact it isn’t getting enough nutrition.
I still hate seeing children with no shoes and dirty faces and lack of care.
I still hate the look of sunken eyes, whether spiritual or physical.
I still hate hearing the stories of persecution and hardship that people endure for the sake of Chri$t.

I still hate the comments that come from Indians towards me as a Westerner.  I hate the views that have been adopted from Hollywood and the media and the way America has shaped the Eastern view of who we are.  They see us as “loose” and willing to sleep with any man. It’s not unheard of for random men to come up and ask to come back to your room with you, touch you, or ask inappropriate things.  One week Manoj and I were walking on the road, and one man whispered to another friend, “I wonder how much he paid for her?”  I will never get used to these things.  I will never be okay with them, and I think it’s okay I STILL hate them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see