A thankless job


As you know G0d always speaks to me through day to day life situations. I grow through them. I see G0d more clearly through them.

Last week, I stepped out of the taxi in front of my home to find a man bleeding and unconscious behind our local garbage dumpster. “Oh L0rd”, my heart sank. I wasn’t sure if he was beaten and left or in a drunken stupor.  Either way I knew he needed help.

I called for my husband to come help. Manoj determined he was drunk and was “wasting his life”. I could tell it was hard for my husband to cancel the meeting he was suppose to be starting, a meeting we had been waiting for, in order to have time to help this man.  I said the man still deserved help. Je$us wouldn’t just leave us on the roadside.  And even while we were yet sinners He died for us.

No one else was willing to help a man who was a drunk and “wasting his life”.  Everyone else was passing him by. Thoughts raced though my head of the “good Samaritan”.  We could help, if we were willing to extend Chri$t like love. Maybe today was this man’s day to choose life, and find hope.

The man in and out of consciousness cursed my husband for trying to help him. Sometimes helping someone is a thankless job. I can’t help but also wonder how many times Je$us has reached out to help me, went out of His way in fact, and how many times I have rejected Him, rejected His help, or forsaken gratitude in the face of my fleshy ways.


L0rd help me!  Help me to see you going out of your way to help me. Help me to receive it, and Father, help me to extend this same love to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see