Sometimes I wonder

It’s been almost 6 years living here permanently in India and I think I have only seen three people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus before me. I know so many seeds have been planted. I know many people are on the verge of truly following Christ, but ouch, three people seems so few. I wonder what I could do more or speak.


I read this today by John Piper:
“Not one life spent in the cause of world evangelization is spent in vain. Not one prayer or one dollar or one sermon or one letter of encouragement or one little light shining in some dark place — nothing in the cause of this advancing kingdom is in vain.”


I have to remind myself. Nothing I do for Christ is in vain. Even the little hugs to neighbors and neighbor’s children count. 


Someone told me this past Sunday, “Christina, you love everyone”! They said not just like you pretend to care but you really care. You truly love people. 


My heart sang. Not out of pride but because this is my prayer. I pray I can genuinely love people and shine Jesus. I pray my little words of truth and encouragement and my acts of love would lead people to a saving knowledge and walking relationship with Jesus. I love because He first loved me. 


And so when I begin to wonder what’s been accomplished in 6 years; when pastors and supporters back home want all the statistics and numbers that I can’t give in excess; it’s then that I have to remember - nothing for the advancement of the kingdom is in vain. Personally, I think we all need to remember this a little more often. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see