Prison

*This was an old post from October 2018. I forgot to post then*

The prison cell of a hospital room is one in which I have spent too much time this month, but it none the less has been a classroom to teach and open my eyes. From our little hospital window, I can gaze down to the army gardens below. In comparison with most of India,  the view I have is one of natural beauty, cleanliness, straight lines, and green beauty. Little groomed bushes pave a path through the gardens below for the privileged members to walk. The general public is not allowed in. 

Everything looks pristine and as it “should be”. The funny thing is I rarely have seen anything in India look like this. It’s like I can gaze down at a little piece of heaven on earth and just imagine what India could or should be like apart from the pollution and trash that mares it’s beauty on a normal basis. 

Oh how I want to leave this little prison cell of a hospital room and go walk in those gardens. It’s a torture of sorts to see it and be stuck inside. 

These thoughts prick my attention and Spirit.  Heaven is for us.  The garden of Eden in its splendor and perfection was for us as the Father intended in all His glory and pristine goodness. It was not mared by man. Far too often man disgraces God’s glory and goodness. Someday at the resurrection, all of God’s glory will once again be revealed. Then, only the privileged people who accept Him will be allowed to enter into the garden and enjoy!

Like rich man calling out from Hell to Lazarus, some people will see heaven and be unable to go there. They will be stuck forever in their prison cell unable to enjoy the pristine goodness of God. 

I think when we have tasted God’s goodness, we realize what is coming: our future hope in heaven! Our satisfaction isn’t in today or walking in a pristine garden, but in communion with HIM. We begin to understand that heaven will one day be way more grand and spectacular than we can ever imagine. 

As we taste and see Jesus day to day, we can understand that as it is in heaven so shall it be on earth, and we can collaborate with the Spirit to bring those things God has in mind to the earthly realm NOW to give Him honor and glory. This will help others to also taste and see He is good! 

I want to be reminded every day of His goodness and of heaven to come! My hope is in Him. I want others to know the truth of heaven and what it means to have relationship with God. I want them to taste and see the goodness of God. I want to walk those heavenly garden paths someday with thousands of people, rather than hearing their pleas as the rich man, from the prison cell. 

Come Lord! Make me more aware of heaven, and help me to share you with others. You are Good and Heaven is for us! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see