Beautiful Sacrifices


My internet very rarely works, and when it does we tend to rush to the computer to get reports taken care of, catch up on emails, call family etc. Sometimes my team mates will even wake up early in the middle of the night to try to get wifi fast enough to complete needed work. Working wifi and cell reception here in the Himalayas is truly a gift when it comes.

Sunday I was talking with a friend, a friend I have tried weeks and months to connect with. We finally had a call that was not dropped and even FaceTime was a clear signal.  We were on the phone no more than 2 minutes, when my neighbor came and stood in my window. (Yes, stood in the open window just staring in, waiting for me to notice her. This is common here, people staring in your windows.) I have asked my neighbor to come visit many times.  Today was finally the day. Today, the same time I was also talking with my friend. I knew what was needed. I said goodbye to my friend, opened my door, and called “Aiye” which means “Please come in!”  Together my Hindi neighbor and I sat for hours talking.  The Father walked with people, he invited them into his home, he sat with them, talked with them, and I highly doubt he ever said, “come back later” or “I am busy right now”.  He made time. He lived and dwelled among them. Sunday my flesh wanted to talk to my friend, but my spirit reminded me of the endless love Dad desires to pour out. It was worth the sacrifice. Love was planted and I am sure because I made the time, I will now have more chances to sacrifice and make more time again…time to love and share Dad with my neighbors. The door is opened.

Today I read Phil 3: 7-10-But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of C*rist. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing C*rist Je$u$ my L*rd, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain C*rist  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in C*rist—the righteousness that comes from G*d on the basis of faith.  I want to know C*rist—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death”


I thought about the last line, “participation in His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death”. As we die to self, crucifying our flesh- HIS re$urrection power comes alive more and more in us.  As we sacrifice and die to self, we live like the Son, and become like Him. There are sacrifices to doing the Father’s will, and Je$u$ knows the cost of sacrifice better than anyone, but He also knows the joy and power of obedience and sacrifice. In moments like this I recognize the great joy of serving my Father.  He is worth it all, and my greatest joy is knowing Him, and making His name known to others.  Father, not my will, but your’s be done, today, and every day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see