The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

Sometimes we think the grass is greener on the other side, we live with complaints or jealousy or bitterness, until we finally get to experience the grass on the other side and we realize, it was just the shadow of the fence that made it seem greener.
It is just as dry and hard as our side, maybe just in different ways. 

I am learning to take what I have here and be thankful; to live in an attitude of gratefulness.  I have so much.  Some days are hard. Some days are easer than others, but everyday my life is easier than someone else’s.  My life is blessed, and my Father is with me.  This alone, relationship and knowledge of the Father, makes my life blessed.

Today as I sit in a crowded area and have hundreds of people staring at my, I shift with discomfort, but I am reminded there are millions that live in my shoes who have it far worse. They face persecution and threats.  Here I simply am stared at.


I am reminded how I stare at those who are different in my own country and I wonder who they are, and where they came from.  I wonder about them too. Today, as I sit and divert the stares, I hope and p* they see something more in me.  I hope they see the light that Dad has blessed me with that I can carry wherever I go.  I hope that as I sit in vulnerable places, and walk down unknown roads, that I will have the opportunity to connect with new people and share the love in my heart.  I hope that as I learn to endure the “grass” on my side, I would learn to see the flowers in it at as well, and learn to enjoy the moments, and focus on “my side” rather than “the other”.   Today, I am loving India, and grateful to my Father for bringing me to this place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

But God...

The ugliness I sometimes see