But God...

Every Knee Will Bow And Every Tongue Will Confess

Truly everywhere we look is need- physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual.

I see the man with elephantitis lift his giant leg to shift his position as he sits on a mat begging for money on the side of the road.

I see a woman sitting on a patch of grass on the edge of a busy highway practicing her meditation attempting to find her inner peace.

I see a young girl on her way to school stop to touch the street cow and then touch her own forehead in hopes that her Hindu practices will reap the blessing from her god (cow).

Simultaneously, I see a shop keeper allow the giant cow to mosey along his street front restaurant; he even offers the cow freshly made roti (bread) as to not offend his “god” passing by.

I see another person practicing yoga with all the pristine positions and poses. Her breaths are well practiced, yet her face is stricken with the look of anxiety and distress. 

I see a young man who was born deformed (hands and feet twisted backwards) walking on his knees and wrists. My eyes hurt to watch the pain I know he must be in, both physically and emotionally.

The lostness.
The desperation.
The hopelessness.
The hurt.
It breaks me afresh to see it.

“But God,” we say.

Apart from God there is truly no hope. No good outcome that can come to these sights and people’s stories. Sometimes the work feels so BIG and impossible.  But I am reminded, “every knee willbow, and every tongue willconfess that HEis Lord” Romans 14:11.

It’s nottoo big for God.
“With man it is impossible, BUT with God all things are possible.” Mark 10:27


Sometimes like David in the Psalms, we have to remind ourselves of God’s word. “Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things he does for me.” Psalms 103:2

Truly He is the Prince of Peace.

John 14:26-27. “But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I giveto you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled; do not be afraid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bhindi or “Tikka” Mark on the Head- What is it?

The ugliness I sometimes see